Hokkaido offers experiences with nature and the great outdoors. With a landscape that is different in summer and winter, there is much to see and explore around Japan’s northern island. Venturing out from the capital city of Sapporo, there are outdoor experiences and the opportunity to sample amazing fresh produce. Discover more about what there is to see and do when visiting Hokkaido, Japan.
Family-Friendly Attractions & Kids
- Takino Suzuran Hillside National Park – Outdoor park; good for kids.
- Shiroi Koibito Park – Chocolate factory in Sapporo.
- Doraemon Waku Waku Sky Park – Indoor amusement at Hokkaido’s New Chitose Airport
- Sapporo Satoland – Farm-theme park.
- Otaru Aquarium – Marine life park.
- Mount Moiwa – Scenic views of Sapporo
- New Chitose Airport’s Family-friendly Attractions – Things to do at the airport.