As the leaves start turning brown, it is a sign that you need to cosy up with some hilarious fall jokes. In some parts of the world, these may also be known as autumn jokes or puns. But whatever you call them, they can definitely help to brighten up the day.
Fall is a beautiful time of the year. The air gets a little colder and the trees show off their brilliant coat of colors. In fact, many of the funniest fall jokes are also centered around trees and their transformation as the season of fall arrives.
Fall is also the season of turkey, pumpkins and pumpkin pie! So you can count on many of the funny autumn jokes also be around these well loved icons of the season.
Brighten up the fall season with the best fall jokes, puns and riddles that will “leaf” you with warm and fuzzy feelings all over.
HOLIDAY IDEAS: Discover the Best Things To Do in December
SANTA'S TOY FACTORY: Festive Workshops, Christmas Jingles & a Chance to Win a Car!
Funny Fall Jokes for the Autumn Season
1. What did Summer say to Spring before Autumn?
Help! I’m going to fall!
2. Why do pumpkins sit on people’s porches?
Because they don’t have any hands to knock on the door.
3. How did the tree get a new job?
Because she had the right qua-leaf-ications.
4. What is the best book to read in the fall?
Gourd of the Rings.
5. Why did the pumpkin pie go to the dentist?
Because it needed a filling.
6. Why did the skydiver say when it was autumn?
I love the fall.
7. What do the trees in Star Wars say to each other in the fall?
May the forest be with you.
8. Why did the small pepper need a sweater in late autumn?
Because it was a little chili.
9. What do farmers wear under their shirt in the fall?
10. How do trees get on the Internet?
They just log on.
11. Why is it a bad idea to tell a secret in a cornfield?
Because it is full of ears.
12. What did the tree say when it lost its foliage?
Don’t leaf me this way.
13. How do you fix a broken pumpkin?
With a pumpkin patch!
14. Why wasn’t autumn included in the list of seasons?
Because somebody had to take the fall.
15. Why did the turkey surrender during the boxing match?
Because the stuffing was knocked out of him.
16. What is it called when a tree takes some time off?
17. How do gourds get so strong?
By pumpkin iron.
18. Why does the guy like to walk around and collect the colorful leaves, whenever Autumn comes around?
Because he is a street sweeper.
19. What is a tree’s favorite jazz song in Fall?
20. Why can you trust trees in the fall?
Because they speak from the b-autumn of their hearts.
21. What type of music did the Pilgrims listen to?
22. How do trees communicate with each other?
With the te-leaf-phone.
23. Why is autumn Humpty Dumpty’s favorite season of the year?
Because he had a great fall.
24. How did the pumpkin lose the boxing match?
He let his gourd down.
25. What do lumberjacks shout at the start of fall?
26. What band do autumn vandals listen to?
The Smashing Pumpkins.
27. What did the stressed tree say as autumn approached?
I can’t do this anymore. I’m leafing.
28. Why do trees hate going to school in the fall?
Because they get easily stumped.
29. What do you get when you drop a pumpkin?
30. What group do pumpkins listen to in the autumn?
The Spice Girls.
Autumn Jokes & Puns to Crack You Up
We hope that you are enjoying these funny autumn jokes. We’ve got even more so that you can share them with your friends and family.
31. What did the leaf say to the other leaf?
I’m falling for you.
32. Why do birds fly south for the fall?
Because it’s faster than walking.
33. Why did the scarecrow win an award?
He was outstanding in his field.
34. How did Grandma know it was autumn?
She had a fall sensor.
35. What’s the best thing to put into a pumpkin pie?
36. What is leaves’ favorite Green Day song?
Rake me up when September ends.
37. How do you know when winter arrives?
38. Why did the Jack-o’-lantern look after the pie?
Because they were pump-kin.
39. Why didn’t the tree think was autumn?
Because it was full of disbe-leaf.
40. Why do people who suffer from vertigo dislike autumn?
Because they have a bad fall.
41. Why was the tree annoyed by his neigbor?
Because he wouldn’t leaf him alone.
42. What’s the saddest side dish?
Sweet potato cries.
43. What do pirates wear during fall?
44. What did the farmer say when his gourds went missing?
There’s pumpkin strange going on around here.
45. What kind of key can’t open doors?
46. Why did no one laugh at the oak tree?
Because he kept telling acorn-y jokes.
47. What do turkeys eat for dessert?
48. What do you call a chicken that goes boo in the middle of the night?
49. Why do leaves fall off trees in the autumn?
Because they are trying to get back to their roots.
50. What did the witness do when he saw a crime commited in the forest?
He reported it to the leaf of police.
51. What is a rock star’s favorite month?
52. What do you call a tree that runs away from the forest army at the end of fall?
Absent without leaves.
53. Why were the turkeys allowed to join the marching band for the Thanksgiving Day parade?
Because they had drumsticks.
54. Which pumpkins can swim the best?
The coast gourd.
55. Did you hear the autumn riddle?
I would tell it to you but I think you won’t fall for it.
56. What time of year do people get injured the most?
In the fall.
57. Why’s it so easy to trick a leaf in October?
Because they fall for anything.
58. What did the apple say to the pie baker?
Use a pumpkin instead.
59. What’s an elephant’s favorite fall vegetable?
60. Why is it risky to date a girl named Autumn?
Because she may leaf you.
Even More Hilarious Fall Jokes & Riddles
Are you loving all these puns, riddles and jokes? We’ve got more for you to “fall” in love with below. Have a great time with them!
61. What does a book do in the fall?
It puts on a jacket.
62. Who helps little pumpkins cross the road when they go to school?
The traffic gourd!
63. Why did the pumpkin lose the boxing match?
Beacuse he let his gourd down.
64. Why do trees go on vacation every year in Autumn?
Because they are on annual leaf.
65. Why did the tree decide to start taking art classes?
Because she wanted to branch out.
66. What’s the biggest fall feature in Australia?
The Great Barrier Leaf.
67. Why did the tree decide to start taking acting classes?
Because it wanted to branch out.
68. Why did the apple pie cry?
Because its peelings were hurt!
69. Why was nobody scared of the tree?
Because his bark was worse than his bite.
70. Why did the lions leave at the end of summer?
Because the pride goes before the fall.
71. What happens when you eat too much pumpkin pie in the fall?
You will get autumn’y ache.
72. What is a scarecrow’s favorite fruit?
73. Why is it a mistake to say that autumn is better than summer?
Because it is a fall-acy.
74. Why do leaves change color in autumn?
Because they no longer have chlorophyll. They have chloro-empty.
If you like more jokes about botany and science, read our collection of funny science jokes.
75. What’s James Bond’s favorite hot beverage?
Pumpkin spy latte.
76. What did the ground say when fall arrived?
Well that’s a re-leaf.
77. Why is autumn the proudest season?
Because it’s fall of it.
78. If the Pilgrims were still alive, what would they be most famous for?
79. What do the trees say when they start getting their leaves back in spring?
What a re-leaf!
80. Why are apples so bad in interrogations?
They always crumble.
81. What’s the fastest way for leaves to get from place to place?
82. What is worse than finding a worm in your apple?
Finding half of a worm!
83. What is the cutest season?
84. What’s the ratio of a pumpkin’s circumference to its diameter?
85. Why are leaves so carefree and easy going?
Because every fall, they let loose.
86. What can a whole pumpkin do that half a pumpkin can’t do?
It can look round.
87. Why did the turkey cross the road?
Because it was the chicken’s day off.
88. What type of car do Brits drive in the fall?
89. Why did the pumpkin and the butternut squash get on so well?
Because they were gourd friends.
90. What is the biggest problem with autumn jokes?
No one falls for it.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed these funny fall jokes. They are a great way to be like Humpty Dumpy aren’t they? Spread them around even as the air starts to get a bit chilly, you will find yourself warmed up with laughter as you have a good chuckle with family and friends.