Osaka is Japan’s second-largest city. It doesn’t feel as maddening as Tokyo but still offers big-city experiences. Along with big-name attractions such as Universal Studios Japan, there are historical sights like the Osaka Castle and other places to discover in the city. Here are some of things you can look forward to doing when visiting Osaka, Japan.
Family-Friendly Attractions & Kids
- Universal Studios Japan – Experience the thrill of the movies at this themed park.
- Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan – The world’s largest aquarium and whale sharks.
- Kids Plaza Osaka – Fun indoor park for kids.
- VR Zone Osaka – VR entertainment facility for the whole family.
- Osaka Museum of Science – One of the oldest science centres in Japan
- Osaka Museum of Housing and Living – Experience life in olden-time Osaka
- Tennoji Zoo – A city zoo in Osaka
- Spa World Osaka – One of the world’s largest hot springs complex with a water amusement park for kids.
- NIFREL – An aquazoo at EXPOCITY
History & Culture
- Osaka Castle – Historic castle with a museum and commanding sights from the top.
- Nara Day Trip – Travel out from Osaka to Nara.