Not quite a full-blown patty and not exactly an egg omelette. Pan-fried Egg Rounds are the best of both worlds in a small round shape of a patty, fried to crispy perfection with the help of the eggs and minced meat within. No prior marination is required. Just throw everything together and round them up into shape on the pan. Then have them with rice and it’s a good meal on its own!
Recipe for Pan-fried Egg Rounds
- 250 grams of minced beef or pork
- 4 small eggs
- 7 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 7 tablespoons of cut spring onions
- 1 level teaspoon of salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Using a small ladle, put a portion into the pan.
- Space out a few rounds and cook them for two minutes on each side. Frying them in small rounds is a little tedious but the rounded ends have a crispy edge.
- If you busy, you can fry as an omelette. Make sure it’s cooked before flipping over to fry the other side.
Makes about 12 pieces. Good for a family of four, assuming each takes three pieces.
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a new daily series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.