From 8 to 30 May 2021, updated measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 will take effect around Singapore. These include a reduction in allowed group sizes from eight to five people and closure of facilities like campsite and BBQ pits.
Another change which parents with children may want to take note is that the water play areas and water recreational facilities in the parks will also be closed.
Water Play Areas in Parks Closed
Here the water play areas and water playgrounds in the parks that will be closed:
Water play area at Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden at the Singapore Botanic Gardens
HOLIDAY CAMPS: Discover Exciting Camps & Workshops for the March Holidays
SO MARCH FUN: Get Amazing Ideas for the March School Holidays 2024
- Clusia Cove water play area at Jurong Lake Gardens
- Wading Pool at Fort Canning Park
- Water playground at Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park
- Water play areas consisting of the wading pool and jet fountains at Coastal PlayGrove, East Coast Park
- Hot spring stations at Sembawang Hot Spring Park
View the announcement by NParks here.
Stay Safe, Everyone!
Those who are planning to head to the parks can check the NParks safe distancing website (link can be found here) for the crowd levels before visiting the parks.
Let’s all stay safe and observe a safe distance of at least one metre from others while heading out.