Superfly Kids – Movement X, Parkour, and Kali Camps
Master your body and mind. Reconnect with your spirit. Join Superfly Kids and let your children discover themselves through movement. Check out a series of fun camps: Movement X Kids Camp, Parkour Kids Holiday Camp Intensive, and Kali Kids Camp Intensive for the November – December 2017 school holidays! It’s time to move!
Little Day Out readers get 10% off when you book before 30 Nov 2017. Quote “littledayout” to enjoy this privilege.
1. MOVEMENT X KIDS CAMP
Help your child discover the joy of movement while building body awareness, balance and co-ordination.
This interactive and fun camp will help your child discover and explore their own movement, learn the value of co-operation and teamwork while moving and playing with other kids and gain greater awareness and appreciation of their surrounding environment.
Each day is designed to assist your child discover their movement capability and limits as an individual, a team player as well as learning how to interact and overcome and move in their immediate physical environment.
A creative and safe space will be created for your child to engage their whole brain and all their senses and most importantly have an abundance of fun and develop a sense of belonging and appreciation for moving and life!
Movement Camp X is inspired from variety of movement disciplines including dance, gymnastics, martial arts, parkour, yoga and dance and serves as an excellent introduction to movement culture!
– Discover movement, rhythm and flow
– Greater awareness of their body, its capabilities and limits
– Develop co-ordination, balance and control
– Improved self-confidence and self assurance
– Develop Discipline and Respect
– Cultivating Values of Co-operation and helping one another
– Improve Physical Intelligence
– Improve mental cognitive ability*
– Develop meaningful connection with self, others and the environment
WHAT THEY WILL LEARN
– Personal Space – Discovering Oneself
– The Art of Cooperation – Working with each other (Partner work)
– All is One and One is All (teamwork)
– Play Space learning to create opportunity to move in any environment
– Body Isolation – breaking down movement to its fundamental elements
– Body Integration – learning to use the body as one through:
• intuition and impulse (self)
• interaction and interpretation (others)
• overcoming obstacles (environment)
– Flow – Move like water
WHO IS IT FOR
Every child who wishes to further their movement vocabulary and gain an integrated approach to moving and life.
2. PARKOUR KIDS HOLIDAY CAMP INTENSIVE
A special camp program for kids during the hoilday season designed to give a complete and immersive introduction to parkour – the art of movement.
The parkour camp will provide fundamentals of parkour training and what it means to move focusing on key components of parkour, like jumping, climbing, vaulting, balancing and landing.
Safety is always our number one priority. Kids will learn to understand their body, their capabilities, as well as their limits. Learning parkour actually makes them safer, as they become stronger, more co-ordinated and resilient, and are equipped with specific techniques for breaking falls.
• Suitable for children aged 5-12, and 12-17
• Classes are 2 hours per session
• Children who are younger will be assessed for their suitability for the class
3. KALI KIDS CAMP INTENSIVE
Give your child the gift of learning this practical and effective self-defence system that has been featured in a myriad of marvel movies and feature films like the Bourne Identity.
The Kids Kali Camp is an intensive programme which uses Filipino Martial Arts as a platform to expand your child’s mental and physical capabilities.
Filipino Martial Arts (FMA) has some of the most proprioceptively challenging drills – utilising up to three limbs independently – and is a great way to improve coordination and movement.
Your child will learn practical and evasive footwork (Triangle Footwork), empty-hand drills based on the traditional concepts of Sinawali (the principle of keeping your hands in continuous flow while striking) and Gunting (Scissor or attacking from opposing sides), plus to enter and exit during counter-attacks.
WHAT THEY WILL LEARN
- Basics of Sinawali (weaving) and Gunting (Scissoring)
- How to defend against common attacks – straight punches and hooks, as well as the common “soccer kick”
- Basic Single and Double Stick Drills to exercise body mechanics and coordination
- Greater Proprioceptive awareness – so they won’t find themselves tripping over their own limbs
- Flow – Move like water – Combining individual manouvres into one
- Improved Body Mechanics
- Develop Gross Motor Ambidexterity (Improved Left/Right Independence)
- Improved Confidence
- Improved Coordination
- Improved Proprioceptive Ability
- Develop Patience – as they learn to deal with their frustrations during challenging drills
- Have Fun!
WHO IS IT FOR
Every child who wishes to learn a martial art used in many Marvel movies, and gain confidence that’s applicable to everyday life.
- Suitable for children aged 8-13
- Classes are 2 hours per session
- Children who are younger will be assessed for their suitability for the class