With the current work-from-home orders, there hardly seems to be a need to doll up every day.
However, work-from-home doesn’t mean dropping out of sight entirely – many of us still have video conferences with the boss and colleagues to attend. And while you don’t need to have the full-face war paint of an Instagram star, you shouldn’t give the impression you’ve just rolled out of bed either.
To look more polished, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for your next video meeting, here are five beauty essentials that will make a difference.
1. BB Cream or Tinted Moisturiser
They immediately brighten and even out the complexion, veiling over sallowness and minor blemishes to create a fresh appearance. And since they’re basically souped-up moisturisers with colour, they can be used in place of your regular hydrating cream so there’s no need to add another step to your routine. Many come with SPF too, so you still get sun protection while sitting at the balcony at home.
READ: Discover the Best Ideas for the June Holidays
READ: Go Looney at this Free-to-Play Inflatables that Kids will Love
- Shiseido Synchro Skin Tinted Gel Cream SPF30, $56. Has mineral water from Japan to hydrate and extracts to smoothen and clarify skin.
- Kose Sekkisei White BB Cream, $39. Tackles blemishes and dull skin with Oriental herbal extracts.
- Curel BB Cream (Natural), $24.80. Perfect for those with sensitive skin who want to conceal redness, flaky skin and blemishes.
Most video conferences aren’t exactly high-definition. That said, dark circles (one too many nights of Netflix bingeing?), splotchy skin and zits can still show up. So, if you’re not getting enough beauty sleep, fake it.
- L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer, $14.35. This liquid formula offers super high coverage in a matte finish that still looks natural.
- M.A.C. Studio Finish SPF35 Concealer, $43.36. It’s creamy, antioxidant-rich and helps absorb excess oil to keep acne flare-ups under control.
Well-defined eyes appear bigger and deeper. Read: you’ll look immediately more awake and on the ball. Use a fine-tipped liquid eyeliner for a clean, polished look. Those who prefer a softer effect can try pencil or gel eyeliners, lightly smudging out the line upwards.
- Kate Super Sharp Liner EX 2.0, $17. Resistant to sweat, water and sebum, but washes off easily with warm water.
- Revlon ColorStay Eye Liner, $17.90. This pencil eyeliner has a handy sponge tip at the other end for smudging and blending.
- Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner, $47.32. Offers the precision of a liquid eyeliner and the smooth, soft feel of a gel.
A healthy flush on cheeks will warm your complexion and prevent you from looking pasty and ashen-faced. Pick a peach or nude-pink shade and lightly dust onto the apples of your cheeks. Cream and gel formulas usually create a highly natural, dewy effect too.
- Laneige Cheek Glow, $35. This cushion blusher allows colour to be layered on gradually and has a sheer, radiant finish.
- Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher, $19.44. A few taps with the powder puff will give you rosy baby cheeks.
5. Lip Tint
Feels too weird to be wearing lipstick at home? Use a tinted lip balm or a liquid tint instead for sheer, glossy colour.
- Innisfree Glow Tint Lip Balm, $11.42. Get pretty colours that pop while nourishing lips.
- Benefit Benetint Rose-Tinted Lip & Cheek Stain, $31. This iconic beauty product delivers the prettiest shade of rose red and stays budge-proof for hours.
This story contains affiliate links. This means we earn a small fee if you purchase something through a link from our website. There is no additional cost to you. This helps to support Little Day Out and keeps us going.
READ: Craft Ideas For Kids: 10+ of The Best And Most Creative Websites