It’s summer all year round here. What better way to celebrate the sun than with a bright and colourful tropical hat? Check out our paper plate tropical hat craft. It’s easy to make, and super fun to wear!
What You’ll Need for the Paper Plate Tropical Hat Craft:
- A paper plate
- Penknife (only for adult’s use)
- Little Day Out’s printable decorations – get them for free here.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Paint the paper plate in a nice colour. We used orange because it’s a bright, cheerful colour that goes well with the printable decorations.
2. Draw four lines on the plate like how you would divide a pizza into eighths, and cut along the lines.
Tip: It may be easier for an adult to cut one line across with a penknife, before the child cuts the rest using a pair of scissors.
3. Print out Little Day Out’s specially designed decorations. Remember to print two copies so you’ll have one decoration for each “spike” of the hat.
LEARN THROUGH PLAY: Reinforce Primary School Maths Concepts With Brainy Arkies
MULTI-SPORTS FOR PRESCHOOLERS: Try Out Different Sports With Ready Steady Go Kids
4. Cut out the decorations and glue them on the “spikes”. Now you’re ready to head out for some fun in the sun!