Curated around the theme “Island of Dreams”, this year’s Singapore Writers Festival features programmes that invite audiences to celebrate and reflect on our hopes and aspirations. The Festival celebrates Singapore’s milestone 50th anniversary,
exploring not only Singapore’s development in the last 50 years but also the dreams of our nation.
At the Festival, families can look forward to SWF3, otherwise known as SWF For Families. Previously Little Lit, there are now 51 SWF3 programmes, both FREE and ticketed, that span music, storytelling, different forms of play and reading targeted specifically at young children, young adults and their families. Even ticketed events are VERY REASONABLY PRICED!
Look out for storytelling events featuring professional tellers, such as Roger Jenkins, Kiran Shah, Sheila Wee, Karen Lee and Shalni Doshi, taking place each weekend! Littlest ones can listen to award-winning authors such as Chris Haughton, Sarah Mounsey and Emila Yusof, while older kids (7 to 12 years) can learn from Rob Cowen, Paro Anand, Lianne Ong, AJ Low and more. There will also be an event by the To S.I.R With Love team, suitable for children with dyslexia or visual impairment.
Not forgetting the teens (13+), the expanded SWF3 programme features a cool new Young Adult (YA) track, starring the likes of Rachel Hartman, Whiti Hereaka, Joyce Chng and Joyce Chua.
For more information, visit www.singaporewritersfestival.com
Win Tickets to
Singapore Writers Festival 2015 Programmes
Little Day Out is giving away two pairs of tickets to each of the following workshops below. Simply select which of the three workshops you would like to attend and you could possibly win two tickets to the workshop of your choice.
Dinos are Coming: Have a prehistoric encounter at KidsFest 2018
A Little Bit Lost
1 Nov, Sun, 11 am to 12 pm, ACM Learning Gallery
With the earnest assistance of his new friend Squirrel, Little Owl sets off in search of his mother, and meets other animal friends along the way. Join Little Owl (and Chris Haughton) on a journey to learn the art of illustration. This hands-on workshop includes basic handicraft. Adult help needed. For ages 4 to 6. Parent and child participation. Find out more.
Where the Wild Things Aren’t
31 Oct, Sat, 12 pm to 1 pm
Come sail away with Max to his island of dreams and explore Maurice Sendak’s classic book through theatre games, imaginative role-play and Reader’s Theatre. Can you tame the creatures to become King of the Wild Things? Come unleash the monster in you for a rumpus-ing good time. For ages 7 to 9. Find out more.
31 Oct, Sat, 2.30 pm to 4 pm, ACM Learning Gallery
Time to gather round and celebrate through this exciting percussion workshop. It’s very hands-on and evocative of tribal gatherings around the fire in a forest clearing. Learn simple rhythms and how to work together as a team. For ages 8 to 12. Parent and child participation. Find out more.
Submit your answer by Wed, 28 Oct 2015 to participate in this giveaway.
Double your chances of winning by liking and sharing this post on Facebook.
Terms and Conditions
1. This Contest is open only to residents of Singapore. Entrants under the age of thirteen (13) years old must seek parental and/or guardian consent before participating in the Contest.
2. The Contest is valid from 22 to 28 Oct 2015.
3. There will be three winners receiving TWO admission tickets to one of three workshops.
4. All entries must be received before 23:59 hours on 28 Oct 2015.
5. Representatives of Little Day Out will pick the Contest winners for the relevant tickets from eligible entries on the dates listed in scheduled table. No correspondence will be entertained about Little Day Out’s decision.
6. The winners may be required to participate in a photo taking session during the issuing of the prizes. Pictures may be posted online or showcased for display purposes.
7. Little Day Out reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest. These include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
8. Entries must be completed in full and made in the manner specified by the closing date. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
9. Winners must produce proof of identity e.g. NRIC or work permit pass and the printed prize notification email upon the prize collection.
10. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or other items and may be subject to availability. Value of the prizes may vary; Little Day Out reserves the right to replace any prizes with items of similar value without prior notice.
11. Little Day Out reserves the right to substitute the prizes for its price equivalent where necessary.
12. The winner of the Contest will be notified by via a prize notification email. Little Day Out reserves the rights to deal with all unclaimed prizes in any manner deemed fit.
13. The winner is required to respond within a week from notification date in order to be an eligible winner. The winner who does not respond will be forfeited.
14. Where applicable, prizes not collected shall be disposed of at Little Day Out ‘s sole discretion. Little Day Out ‘s decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in every situation including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all participants in the contest, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding Little Day Out ‘s decision on the same. The receipt by any winner of any prize under this Contest is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
15. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute consent on the winner’s part to allow the use of the winner’s name, image, voice and/or likeness by Little Day Out for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of Little Day Out by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
16. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Contest, Little Day Out at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement entrant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to the Terms and Conditions.
17. Little Day Out cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Contest or as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize. Little Day Out is not responsible for any safe custody, return, non-delivery or missing of entries, late, misdirected, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
18. By entering the Contest or accepting the prizes, You agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against Little Day Out, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from the Contest and acceptance of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
Use of Personal Information
19. By entering the Contest, You agree:
a. to the use of your name and/or likeness, without compensation, for Little Day Out’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
b. to the use of the information submitted on the contest entry form, without compensation, for Little Day Out ‘s promotional and marketing purposes.
20. Each individual participating to this Contest acknowledges that:
a. in respect of any Personal Information disclosed by her/him to Little Day Out or obtained by Little Day Out from her/him pursuant to this application:
she/he is authorized to disclose such Personal Information; such disclosure complies with any Privacy Legislation from any country, within the geographical scope of this competition, and the use of such Personal Information by Little Day Out as contemplated by this application (including, without limitation, the disclosure of such Personal Information to Little Day Out ‘s external agencies or third parties)
21. By participating in this Contest, you are also consenting to receive eNewsletters and updates from Little Day Out. You may choose to opt out of receiving these updates at anytime via the unsubscribe link attached to the email. By participating in this contest, you also accept the terms and conditions of this contest and agree to allow Little Day Out to republish your stories on the Little Day Out website and social media channels, and to participate in all promotional activities upon winning the prize.