Chinese New Year is a festive time and one where friends and family come together to celebrate and renew ties. These funny Chinese New Year jokes are great fun for that gatherings and get-together.
Share a laugh around the table and plenty of fun times as your crack these hilarious Chinese New Year jokes. Whether they are based on the zodiac animals or jokes about the Chinese New Year celebrations and even traditions, you can have plenty of fun with these funny puns and wise-cracks.
We hope you enjoy these Chinese New Year jokes.
Funny Chinese New Year Jokes for A Fun Celebration
HOLIDAY CAMPS: Discover Exciting Camps & Workshops for the March Holidays
SO MARCH FUN: Get Amazing Ideas for the March School Holidays 2024
1. What do dragons eat at Chinese New Year?
2. Which zodiac animal’s year occupies the most time?
The dragon’s. Because it is a “LONG” (dragon) year.
3. Why did the dragon feel very happy amongst the rest of the zodiac animals?
Because he felt that he be-LONG-ed there.
4. Why are Chinese New Year meals so long?
Because they tend to drag-on.
5. How did the dog celebrate the Chinese New Year?
By whining and dining.
6. What do goats say on Chinese New Year?
Gong Xi Baa Cai.
7. Did you hear about the tiger that stole a calendar on Chinese New Year?
He got 12 months.
8. What type of bird collects red packets at Chinese New Year?
A mandarin duck.
9. What do tigers greet their elders before receiving a red packet?
Happy Mew Year!
10. What do cows greet their elders before receiving a red packet?
Happy Moo Year!
More Chinese New Year Jokes and Puns
Here are more Chinese New Year jokes and puns that are great for any festive celebration.
11. What do horses greet their elders before receiving a red packet?
Happy Neigh Year!
12. How do rabbits celebrate Chinese New Year?
They get tu-gether. (tu is Chinese for rabbit)
13. Why do DJs go to the zoo on Chinese New Year day?
For the lion dances.
14. When is Chinese New Year not Chinese New Year?
When you are in China; then it is just the New Year.
15. Why did the man decide to clean his trampoline?
Because it was time for spring-cleaning.
16. Why do florists like Chinese New Year?
Because it is when their business is blooming.
17. What is a cat’s favourite auspicious Chinese New Year plant?
A pussy willow.
18 What is the hardest working auspicious Chinese New Year plants?
19. Why did the man play music at the zoo?
Because he wanted to see the lion dance.
20. Why didn’t the watermelon greet the orange on Chinese New Year?
Because it couldn’t speak mandarin.
21. What do ocean dragons say to each other on Chinese New Year?
Gong Sea Fa Cai!
22. What is everyone’s favorite Taylor Swift song at Chinese New Year?
If you enjoyed these jokes, we think that you will also enjoy these dragon jokes.