It’s sweet, it’s sour, it’s tasty, it’s healthy and it’s so easy to prepare. There’s everything to like when it comes to a dish like Steamed Fish with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Recipe for Steamed Fish with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 fish of about 700 grams (easier to cook if it’s butterflied)
- A tablespoon of ginger strips
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Maggie ketchup sauce
- 2 tablespoons Maggie chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- In boiling water, steam the fish on a plate in a wok, covered for 10 minutes.
- Simmer the above ingredients for the sauce for a little while.
- Ladle onto the steamed fish.
- Garnish with coriander, spring onions and sliced chilly.
Good for a family of four.
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a new daily series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.