If you are trying to shed the Circuit Breaker weight, then this Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is just right for you. A cup of cauliflowers has 4 grams in carbs, making it an ideal rice alternative.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable like broccoli and Brussels sprouts. It is high in fibre, loaded with vitamins K, C, B6 and potassium.
If you can’t get a hand on a frozen bag of diced cauliflowers, you can always cut up a head of cauliflower into chunks and pulse them in a food processor for 2 to 3 minutes until it resembles rice.
GIVEAWAY: Stand to Win Prizes including a Marky Polo Travels Book Set and Tickets to Nestopia & HydroDash
MARCH HOLIDAYS: The Best Activities and Ideas for Kids and Families in Singapore
Recipe for Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 4 cups of cauliflower rice, (Cauli Rice was used here)
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil (separate into 2 parts)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 stalks of scallions, chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 2 teaspoon of oil (to cook eggs)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 120 grams of minced pork
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of white/black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Heat up a wok on medium heat. Add 2 teaspoon of oil to coat the wok. Add in the beaten eggs and scramble the eggs. Dish out and set aside.
- If you have purchased frozen cauliflower rice, heat or stir fry it according to the packaging instructions. If you are using fresh riced cauliflower, add 1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil to a medium-high heated wok. Dish out the cooked cauliflower rice from wok and set it aside.
- In the same wok, add the rest of cooking oil then the minced pork.
- Stir-fry the pork till it changes colour. Next, add garlic, carrots and 1/3 of the chopped scallions. Mix well and break down the minced pork to smaller bits.
- Add the egg and rice back to wok and stir well. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste.
- Add in the rest of chopped scallions, drip the sesame oil on the rice, mix well and serve the Cauliflower Fried Rice!
Click here for more recipe ideas.
READ: 13 Easy & Nutritious Lunch Box Ideas
SHOP: Get kitchen appliances, cookbooks and other items that make cooking fun and easy here!
This story contains affiliate links. This means we earn a small fee if you purchase something through a link from our website. There is no additional cost to you. This helps to support Little Day Out and keeps us going.