Big List of Stay-at-Home Resources
for Kids and Families
With families spending more time at home, parents are looking for ideas and meaningful things for kids to do. For those searching for meaningful and educational stay-at-home resources of things that kids can do at home, we put together a list of online resources that you can access.
Useful Stay-at-Home Resources and Activities
This big list of useful stay-home activities for kids and families is categorised by topics such as multi-subject activity sites, languages, art ideas, science and more.
- Multi-subject (English, Maths, Science) Activities
- Arts, Crafts & Music
- Language & Phonics
- Math & Science
- Movement & Health
Looking for resources to talk to kids about COVID-19 / Coronavirus? We have put together a list of helpful resources here.
Multi-subject / Activities
- 123Homeschool4me: Activities for Pre-K and up, including 100k worksheets and hands-on learning ideas.
- All Kids Network: Free printables, colouring, alphabet and math worksheets
- BrainPop: Online learning portal. Free access during COVID-19 period.
- Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool: Home-school curriculum ideas.
- Funbrain: Preschool games, math and reading.
- Harry Potter at Home: Puzzles, quizzes and other activities themed after J.K. Rowlings’ Books
- Happy Tot Shelf: Preschool learning activities.
- Highlights Kids: Activities, crafts and ideas for kids.
- HippoCampus: 7,000 free videos covering 13 subject areas.
- Joy Sun Bear: Learning about the world’s cultures.
- Khan Academy: Online learning for children from 2 to 18.
- Lemon and Kiwi Designs: Math, literacy and arts activities for kids.
- Little Day Out’s Minute To Win It Challenges: Games that kids can play at home.
- National Geographic (Kids): Games, videos and activities for kids.
- Outschool: Schooling resources with live online classes.
- PBSkids: Daily activities for kids.
- PurpleMash by 2Simple Home: Coding, art and maths activities.
- Scholastic: Learn-from-home site activities for different ages.
- Sesame Street: Games, videos and activities, including resources on how to talk to young children about the coronavirus.
- Seussville: Dr. Seuss videos and activities.
- Seymour & Lerhn: Immersive and 360 videos on a variety of topics and subjects
- Starfall: Language, math and music activities for different ages.
- Switchzoo: Animal-themed games, puzzles and zoo quest.
- Turtle Diary: Maths, English, typing and money games for kids from Kindergarten to Primary level.
- Udemy: eLearning courses. Subscription based.
- e-Learning for Kids: Math, Science, Environmental skills, Health, Language and more.
Arts, Crafts and Music
- British Museum Street View: Visit the London museum online. Get an activity sheet here.
- Chrome Music Lab: Learning music through hands-on experiments.
- Creating a Masterpiece: Online fine art classes for children 5 and up. Subscription required.
- Creative Bug: Craft ideas
- Coloring Nature: Free printable colouring pages.
- Felt with Love: Free sewing templates.
- Google Arts & Culture: View the collections from 2000 museums from around the world.
- Little Day Out’s Best Virtual Museums for Kids: Various museums that you can visit from home.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Williems!: Kennedy Center Education Arts-in Residence shows how to doodle.
- STABILO: Free creative online tutorials for kids, teens and adults to stay at home and draw, create and learn handlettering and brushlettering.
Language and Phonics
- ABCya: Word games for different ages
- Audible: Audio books for children of all ages streamed for free during the COVID-19 period.
- Literactive: Reading materials and phonic activities for kindergarten level.
- Storyline Online: Children’s literacy site with stories read by celebrities.
- Unite for Literacy: eBooks for early readers.
Math & Science
- Beast Academy: Maths activities for 8 to 13 year olds. Subscription required.
- Coolmath4kids: Maths games and quizzes.
- Curiosity Stream: Documentaries covering topics such as STEM, History and Innovation. Subscription required.
- LEGO Catapult Build: Construct a working catapult.
- LEGO Marble Rollercoaster Build: Construct a rollercoaster at home.
- Math Game Time: Math games for pre-kindergarten to tweens.
- MoneySKILL: Financial education.
- Science Kids: Quizzes, Projects and Lessons.
- Science Sparks: Science experiments for kids.
- Splashlearn: Math activities from kindergarten and up.
- Tynker: Coding activities for kids.
Movement & Health
- Get Kids Moving YouTube: Themed workouts that you can do at home.
- Gonoodle: Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts.
- MyPlate Kids Place: USDA site with activities about nutrition.
- Nourish Interactive: Learning resources and games about nutrition.
- P.E. with Joe: Workouts that can be done indoors.