When life is a little bland, it’s time to spice things up with today’s Spicy Chicken recipe! Satisfy ourselves for a change and let a little of the spice tantalise the kids’ tastebuds. The chillies within are rather mild so no one will get hot flushes with this recipe. In fact, what you’ll truly enjoy is the good mix of spices blended well with the chicken.
Recipe for Spicy Chicken
- 3 chicken thighs and 1 chicken breast (remove the skin and cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 big onions (yellow skin) to dice to bite-sized pieces
- 6 cloves
- 1 whole star anise
- 3 one-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 bowl of water
Ingredients to grind into a paste:
- 10 dried chillies (soaked in water)
- 6 fresh chillies
- 15 shallots
Ingredients to mix with a little water:
- 2 teaspoons jintan manis (fennel) powder
- 3 tablespoons turmeric powder
- In a wok, fry the blended dried chillies, fresh chillies, shallots with a little oil.
- Pour in jintan manis (fennel) powder and turmeric powder.
- Add in the cloves, star anise and cinnamon sticks.
- Place the chicken in and mix throughly.
- Add 1 bowl of water and cover to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the big onions and cover to continue to cook till the chicken is tender.
- Add salt to taste.
Good for a family of three to four.
NINJA CHALLENGE: Bring your A-game for a Day of Sporty Fun at this Mall
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a new daily series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.