They’re fun to make with kids and oh-so-easily addictive to pop into your mouth. This Chicken Potato Balls recipe calls for just simple ingredients. But round them up together into miniature bite-sized balls that are crispy and soft, you’re all set to create an explosive burst of flavours with each bite. Kids will love this for sure!
Recipe for Chicken Potato Balls
Servings: 5 to 6
- 250 grams of chicken meat
- 40 grams of ham
- 250 grams of potato
- Half a big onion
Marinade for chicken:
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- A dash of pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons of corn flour (if it’s too watery add a little more cornflour)
- 1 very small egg, beaten (if the egg is big, add half an egg)
- Boil the potato in water. Use a fork to make sure it’s soft. Cool and mash them.
- Skin the onion and cut into small pieces. Fry with a little oil till fragrant.
- Cut the ham into small pieces.
- Slice the chicken meat thinly and place it in a bowl. Add in the marinade ingredients.
- Mix all of the above ingredients together thoroughly.
- With a small spoon, scoop a little of the mixture and coat a little cornflour all around.
- When the mixture has all been made into balls, heat some oil in a wok.
- Put the balls one by one into hot oil, lower fire medium and deep fry for 2 to 3 minutes depending on the size.
Note: You don’t need to use a lot of oil as you can fry them in batches.
GIVEAWAY: Stand to Win Prizes including a Marky Polo Travels Book Set and Tickets to Nestopia & HydroDash
MARCH HOLIDAYS: The Best Activities and Ideas for Kids and Families in Singapore
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.