It looks like silken tofu or soya bean Tofu Fa, but it’s actually jiggly jelly! Almond Silken Tofu Pudding is a soft, silky-sweet, cool comforting dessert for any pandemic and hot weather.
Made of agar agar jelly strips, the trick is not to boil it for too long so you can maintain the soft and smooth texture for this dessert. Enjoy the soothing soft as silk glide down your throat with each scoop!
Recipe for Almond Silken Tofu Pudding
- 10 grams of agar agar strips (1 packet of jelly strips is about 30 grams), soak for about 1 hour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of almond essence
- 1 can of longans or lychees
In a big pot, place:
- 8 cups of water
- 10 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk powder (dissolved in a little water)
- 1 can of Carnation evaporated milk (equivalent to 1 and 1/3 cup)
- Soak the agar agar (jelly) strips for about an hour.
- Bring the big pot to a boil. Do not boil for too long as the texture will harden.
- Lower the fire to dissolve all the agar agar strips for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the almond essence and switch off the fire.
- Place the mixture into a container and leave it to cool to room temperature. Once it’s completely cooled, leave it in the fridge.
- Add canned longans or lychees together with the syrup from the can. Serve and enjoy!
HOLIDAY IDEAS: Discover the Best Things To Do in December
SANTA'S TOY FACTORY: Festive Workshops, Christmas Jingles & a Chance to Win a Car!
Good for 10 persons.
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.