The combination of tofu, fish and mushrooms makes this a perfect dish for your family. Steamed Cod Fillet with Mushroom and Tofu is filled with proteins, vitamin B and minerals. Did I forget to mention that this marvellously healthy dish is also weight-loss friendly?
Recipe for Steamed Cod Fillet with Mushroom and Tofu
Servings: Good for a family of four
- 1 packet of soft tofu, drained
- 500 grams of cod fillet, cut into 2 parts
- 1-inch chunk of ginger, cut 6 slices and mince the rest
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 stalks of scallions, chopped (divide into 2 parts)
- 150 grams of seafood mushrooms (any mushrooms of your choice: white mushrooms, shitake mushrooms and enoki/golden pin mushrooms)
HOLIDAY CAMPS: Discover Exciting Camps & Workshops for the March Holidays
SO MARCH FUN: Get Amazing Ideas for the March School Holidays 2024
Mix everything in a bowl except the corn flour water
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of cooking wine
- A dash of sesame oil and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour water, for thickening
- Cut the tofu and cod fillet into two equal parts and place them on a plate. Put slices of ginger on top of the fillet and steam the tofu and cod fillet for 10 minutes or until the fish is fully cooked.
- Drain off the excess water from the cooked tofu and fillet. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil, followed by minced ginger, garlic, half of the chopped scallions and mushroom. Stir fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the sauce into the skillet and bring it to a boil. (Optional: Add 1/4 cup of water if you prefer more sauce for the dish.)
- Adjust the taste to your liking. Finally, add in the corn flour water to thicken the sauce.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the steamed cod fillet with mushroom and tofu. Garnish with chopped green scallion and serve!