Green Eggs and Ham is a childhood favourite for many children. Even years later, my kids still remember Sam-I-Am. These are just some of the beloved characters which Dr. Seuss, as author Theodor Seuss Geisel was best known by, left behind. In memory of his birthday on 2 March 1904, here are some of our favourite Dr. Seuss quotes.
Our Favourite Dr. Seuss Quotes
1. “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
2. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – From I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
3. “To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”
READ: Sign up for a FREE Science Centre Galaxy Rewards Membership by 29 Jan and Get Bonus Points and Perks
4. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
5. “From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!” – From One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
6. “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” – From Happy Birthday to You!
7. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” – From Horton Hears a Who!
8. “I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.”
9. “You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” – From Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
10. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”