With just two basic ingredients, you can whip up an indulgent and healthy dish. Egg Beancurd with Crab Meat goes well with rice and can be a delicious one-dish meal.
Recipe for Egg Beancurd with Crab Meat
- 2 tubes of egg beancurd (tofu)
- 200 grams of crab meat
- 5 slices of ginger
- 3 sprigs of spring onions, chopped
Ingredients for gravy, mix together in a bowl:
- A bowl of water
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- A dash of pepper
- Cut the tubes of egg beancurd all the way through on both ends with a knife. Remove the plastic wrap and cut it up accoding to how thick you would like it.
- For the crab meat, you can use either frozen crab meat from the supermarket, or you can buy 1 live crab from the wet market. The fishmonger might be able to cut up the crab into half for you.
- In your own kitchen, wash and steam the crab for 10 minutes. Cool and remove the meat.
- In a wok, fry the ginger and spring onions. Add in the mixture in the bowl for the gracy.
- When it boils, add in crab meat, and salt to taste.
- Switch of the fire, plate it and enjoy the egg beancurd with crab meat!