If you like traditional grilled cheeseburgers, you will definitely love the simplicity of these cute, quick and easy-to-make mini Cheeseburger Sliders. Sliders are so fun because they can be served as an appetiser, for lunch, or as a main course for dinner.
Sliders can be pre-made even a day ahead then covered well and refrigerated. To bake chilled sliders, add an extra three minutes or so in the oven, or until they are hot and the cheese is melted.
Sliders reheat really well. To reheat sliders, microwave each slider uncovered for 15 to 20 seconds or just until the beef is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Recipe for Cheeseburger Sliders
READ: Haw Par Villa Reopens
Servings: 12 sliders
- 450 grams of lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 12 slices cheddar cheese / 450 grams of shredded cheddar cheese (divide cheese into 2 equal portions)
- 12 dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon of butter, melted
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 175˚C. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Cut the paper longer than the baking dish so you can remove it easily to serve later.
- Place a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add olive oil, diced onions then ground beef and break up the mixture with a spatula. Season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Once the meat is cooked, remove from heat.
- Tilt the skillet to discard any excess fat from the meat. Stir in the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Slice buns into half horizontally. Place the bottom half of the buns on the lined baking dish and add 6 pieces of sliced cheese (or 220 grams of shredded cheese) to cover entire surface of the buns. Spread the ground beef mixture evenly over the cheese. Square off the edges with the back of a spatula. Cover the ground beef with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place the top of the buns, with the cut-side down, over the meat and cheese. Brush the top with melted butter and immediately sprinkle the top of the buns with sesame seeds. Bake at 175˚C for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and tops are golden brown.
- Lift the baked mini sliders from the baking dish to a big plater. Cut them up individually and serve. Enjoy!
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.