If you need emotional and social support during this COVID-19 period, call the 24-hour National Care Hotline at 6202 6868.
The hotline is up and running with over 300 psychologists, counsellors, social workers, psychiatrists and public officers trained in psychological first aid from over 50 agencies.
“If you need someone to talk to about the issues that weigh you down – worried about COVID-19, its impact on your personal and family lives, on your jobs and livelihoods, and your future – you do not need to struggle alone,” said Mr Desmond Lee, Minister for Social and Family Development in a Facebook post on 10 April 2020.
The trained volunteer counsellors will support you via the hotline. This hotline operates alongside other specialised service helplines, including those for mental well-being or violence and abuse.
DOWNLOAD: Get a Template to Make a Paper Lantern
Social workers and advocacy groups say that Singapore is already facing an increase in calls for domestic abuse situations especially during this circuit breaker month when families are forced to stay home.
The National Care Hotline operates alongside other specialised service helplines, including those for mental well-being, domestic violence and abuse.
Here are the hotlines and emails where you can seek help:
National Care Hotline
National Care Hotline: 6202 6868
- Fei Yue’s Online Counselling Service: eC2.sg
- Institute of Mental Health’s Mental Health Helpline: 6389 2222
- Samaritans of Singapore: 1800 221 4444
- Silver Ribbon Singapore: 6385 3714
Marital and Parenting Issues
- Community Psychology Hub’s Online Counselling platform: CPHOnlineCounselling.sg
- MSF Child Protective Services: 1800 777 0000
- Big Love Child Protection Specialist Centre: 6445 0400
- HEART@Fei Yue Child Protection Specialist Centre: 6819 9170
Interpersonal Violence/Child Abuse
- PAVE Integrated Services for Individual and Family Protection: 6555 0390
- Project START: 6476 1482
- TRANS SAFE Centre: 6449 9088
- AWARE: 1800 777 5555
For other helplines, visit go.gov.sg/hotlines.
Top image: Source