Remember I had shared how to make fantastic grilled chicken wings earlier in a post here? Well, the marinade is almost similar for this great-tasting Whole Grilled Chicken, which will be devoured down to the last scrap.
Once again, my trusty old turbo broiler came into good use for this Whole Grilled Chicken. With it, the cooking and cleaning processes are so much easier. You can get your own Turbo Convection Oven here.
This means your main role is just to butterfly the chicken and get the the marinate correct and leave the Turbo Convection Oven or a regular oven to do its job!
Recipe for Whole Grilled Chicken
- 1 whole chicken 1:5 kg or a little more
Marinade for the Chicken:
- 100 grams spring onion, wash, pat dry and cut all to about 1 cm
- 100 grams of ginger, cut into thin strips
- 12 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 8 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of dark sauce
- Cut the breast side of the chicken in the centre down to the bottom to butterfly the chicken.
- Wash and pay dry the chicken with paper towels.
- Mix the marinade together and marinate the chicken on both sides.
- Leave it covered in the fridge and grill it the next day.
- The next day, preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Grill the whole chicken on a rack for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the chicken. Serve it to happy eaters!
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.
This story contains affiliate links. This means we earn a small fee if you purchase something through a link from our website. There is no additional cost to you. This helps to support Little Day Out and keeps us going.