The piquant sauce of tumeric, chillis, ginger, galangal and coconut milk fills this Stir-fried Prawn and Fish dish. It’s not exactly spicy but flavourful, well blended and thickened by the coconut milk. Enjoy it on a bed of rice or crusty bread!
Recipe for Stir-fried Prawns and Fish
- 500 grams prawns, remove shells
- 200 grams fish fillet, slice
- 350 ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric powder
Sauce (to be blended together):
- 25 grams of fresh chillis
- 25 grams of ginger
- 25 grams of galangal
- 1 medium size onion (yellow skin), cut into small cubes
- Put a little oil in a wok.
- Fry the sauce and add in 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Add in the shrimps and fish.
- Add the coconut milk and stir fry till it’s cooked.
- Add salt to taste.
Good for a family of five.
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.