The beauty about roasts and grills is that the preparation is mainly in the overnight marinades. Thereafter, just enjoy the heavenly goodness from this non-spicy Roast Chicken Thighs with Fragrant Spices being emitted from your Turbo Broiler or oven as it does the work for you. This is an easy and tasty dish to prepare. Try it out and enjoy!
Recipe for Roast Chicken Thighs with Fragrant Spices
- About 1.5 to 1.6 kg of whole chicken thighs, wash and pat very dry
- 200 ml of fresh coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of salt
A. Blended the following spices:
- 12 shallots
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 stalks lemon grass, cut away the stems to leave about 6 inches of both stalks
- 10 dry chillies, soak in water
- 1 thumb-size fresh turmeric
- 1 thumb-size ginger
B. Measure and mix In a bowl:
Fun Ideas for the July Break: Discover the World through Amazing Activities
Feeling thankful, worried, stressed, happy, relieved? Express your emotions in these beautiful journals!
- 5 tablespoons of coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon of fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- Add the blended spices (A) with (B), together with the coconut milk and salt.
- Rub the mixture on the chicken thighs and leave it to marinate for a few hours or even overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celcius.
- Roast the chicken for 35 minutes.
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.
This story contains affiliate links. This means we earn a small fee if you purchase something through a link from our website. There is no additional cost to you. This helps to support Little Day Out and keeps us going.