Many of us rely on store-bought pancake mixes nowadays. But if you ever run out of it or the supermarket runs out of stock, here is a simple, basic and delicious DIY pancakes recipe you can try out and make from scratch.
Recipe for DIY Pancakes
Servings: 12 pieces (mini 2”)
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 3.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, optional
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1-1/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, sugar and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Make a well on the dry ingredient bowl, pour in the wet ingredients, whisk to mix well till you get a smooth mixture.
- Do not over whisk. It is fine even if there are some lumps in the mixture.
- Lightly grease a skillet or griddle on medium heat.
- Put two tablespoons of batter (for mini-sized pancakes) or 1/4 cup of batter for regular-sized pancakes on the skillet. Heat till you see bubbles starting to surface. Carefully flip and cook the other side for another 30 seconds.
- Serve your DIY pancakes warm with maple syrup, honey, butter, whipped cream or fruits. Enjoy!