Angpow packets are colourful and come in many memorable designs. Kids love them!
Why not create some simple accessories – a bow tie and a hair piece – for these little Chinese New Year fans out of angpow packets?
We think they will be excited to try out these original Chinese New Year craft ideas with you – and model the end result to friends and relatives during the festive get-togethers!
Bow Tie and Hair Piece Chinese New Year Crafts
HOLIDAY CAMPS: Discover Exciting Camps & Workshops for the March Holidays
SO MARCH FUN: Get Amazing Ideas for the March School Holidays 2024
What you’ll need for the bow tie and hair piece crafts:
- angpow packet
- rubber bands
- scotch tape
Follow these steps:
1. Open up the angpow packet and cut away the flaps. Accordion-fold it as shown.
2. Using a portion of a flap that you cut away, loop around the centre of the folded ang pow and secure with scotch tape. Tada! A bright and cheery bow for the occasion!
3. To use as a bow tie, form a band using rubber bands looped together.
4. Then run the band under the collar. Looking smart!
5. For the girls, you can attach a hair clip to the back of the bow. Clip onto the hair to make a festive fashion statement!
6. To use it as a hair tie, attach your child’s hair elastic band to the clip. You may need to tape the two metal strips of the clip together so that the elastic band doesn’t come off easily.
7. For a more elaborate look, make small flowers using the same method for making plum blossoms in the “Plum Blossom Branches” craft. With a thread and needle, string the flowers up, looping the thread through the knot of the bow so that the flowers dangle daintily below the bow.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy right? These Chinese New Year craft ideas are really not difficult to realise at all. We hope you’ll enjoy them. Happy Chinese New Year!