Love ribs but don’t want the mess of using your fingers to lick up hard to reach morsels? Bite-sized Pork Ribs will let you savour the entire piece in your mouth without the smears. If you have young children, you can swop the ribs and use boneless pork fillet instead. But somehow, the getting to the juicy rib is a lot more satisfying!
Recipe for Bite-sized Pork Ribs
- 500 grams pork loin ribs (cut into 3 or 4 pieces per rib), pat dry
Marinade for the Ribs (for an hour or two):
- 4 tablespoons of rice wine
- 2 tablespoons of soya sauce
- A dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Coat the ribs with cornflour.
- Place oil in wok to deep fry. When the oil is hot, put in ribs a few pieces at a time. Deep-fry for about 2 minutes on each side.
- When all the ribs are fried, heat up a saucepan. Pour the sauce mixture into the saucepan, put in all cooked ribs and mix well.
- Place the ribs on a plate and serve.
Good for a family of four.
HOLIDAY CAMPS: Discover Exciting Camps & Workshops for the March Holidays
SO MARCH FUN: Get Amazing Ideas for the March School Holidays 2024
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.