The ease and convenience of an all-in-one meal with the right balance of vegetables, meat and the goodness of soup all lies within this One-pot Chicken Stew with Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe.
All you need to do is to chop everything up into bite-sized pieces, caramelise the onions a little in a big wok then mix everything altogether thoroughly.
Then simply let the soup envelope the chicken and extract all the goodness from the tomatoes, potatoes and carrots as it sits in the oven to grill. An hour later, out comes a terrific stew!
One-pot Chicken Stew
- 3 chicken thighs and 1 chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 medium size big onions (yellow type)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 3 potatoes
- 2 cans of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
Staying home this National Day? How about shopping and saving at the same time? Check these sales out at Amazon!
- Preheat oven 180 degrees.
- Cut big onions, carrot, tomatoes and potato into bite size pieces.
- In a big wok, fry the onions with a little oil until fragrant.
- Lower the fire to medium and add the cut-up chicken.
- Add all the tomatoes, carrot and potatoes, and mix them up well.
- Add the two cans of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup and mix them thoroughly together.
- Ladle all into a big heatproof glass cookware.
- Put in the oven to cook at 180 degrees for 1 hour.
Good for a family of four with spare for freezing up for another meal!
Simple #homecooked-recipes is a new daily series specially developed to inspire beginner cooks with work and kids to handle, and not much time to spare in the kitchen. The recipes are deliberately simple enough even for kids to help you with them. Click here for more simple home-cooked recipes.