Join in for a carnival filled with enriching activities and games for you to experience the exhilarating discovery of interesting numbers all around you!
Some highlights include:
- Pi Day – Circle of Pi: The clock is ticking and it’s time for a celebration! Join us as we round up 100 visitors to form a circle of π and usher in π day at 1.59pm! Happening 14 March, 1.30pm-1.59pm at the Atrium.
- Rubik’s Cube Demonstration: Did you know that there are 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 possible permutations for a Rubik’s Cube? Explore the solutions and the mathematics behind them at the Festival of Numbers. Happening 11 March, 2pm-4pm at Hall A.
- Gallery Hunt: Celebrate and learn about more about special numbers! Keep your hands busy with our hands-on activities, and crack your brains with our memory game and puzzle challenges. Complete the gallery hunt to redeem a special token – while stocks last!
- Funfair Maths: Experience the marvellous world of Mathematics! Ride a square-wheeled tricycle, solve the A-Maze-ing Math trail and learn about the world of patterns, shapes and numbers.
- Talks and Workshops: Learn more about mathematics from the experts themselves! If you’re a parent or an educator, join the talk on ‘How to learn/teach Math’ to your Primary 1-3 child, while lower secondary students can get a chance to experience mathematics hands-on at the Mathematical Discovery & Habits of Mind workshop. Happening on 12 and 18 March respectively, 11am-12pm at Maxwell Auditorium.
HEADS UP: Esplanade has a new children's festival from the 10 to 14 March. Book your tickets before they sell out.
Festival of Numbers
Start date: 11/3/17 10:00
End date: 19/3/17 18:00