The School Holiday Edition of Gillman Barracks’ signature daytime open house Art Day Out! is back on Saturday, 24 June 2017 for a day of family-friendly fun, food and all things art.
From 2pm to 7pm, visitors can look forward to a strong showing of precinct-wide art activities and programmes, including artist tours and talks, gallery open houses and ongoing exhibitions across the art enclave.
Highlights at this edition include Wallpaper*’s Handmade exhibition, Wallpaper* Handmade-on-Tour; a special interactive walking art tour titled Art ‘Alive’! by The Finger Players; Supermama Design Mart, a place where designers, makers and buyers meet, connect and exchange and a special 8-hour screening of German artist and filmmaker Ulrike Ottinger’s ‘Taiga. A Journey to Northern Mongolia’ at NTU Centre for Contemporary Art Singapore.
There will also be food and drink offerings, children’s programming at Playeum, the Children’s Centre for Creativity, and guided docent tours by Friends of the Museum alongside other art programmes and activities peppered across the day.
Interactive Art Tour – Special Commission for Art Day Out!
Art ‘Alive’! by The Finger Players
– An interactive art tour for all ages, drawing inspiration from LOCK ROUTE – Gillman Barracks’ public art showcase. The tour will be ‘triggered’ by specific responses by participants, with performers relating and dramatising stories inspired by the artworks.
(2 sessions at 3.30pm and 5pm. Free admission, no registration required. Starting point at Blk 47)
Art Outreach Singapore
– Drop-in art activities – Explore the world of public art at Gillman Barracks and create your own individual artwork, inspired by your favourite LOCK ROUTE work.
(2pm – 7pm, Blk 47. Free admission, no registration required)
– Talk on ‘Beyond the Price: Understanding the Contemporary Art Market’ by Art Outreach Chairman, Mae Anderson
(2.30pm – 4pm, Blk 47. Free admission, registration required at artoutreachsingapore.peati
NTU Centre for Contemporary Art Singapore
The Wunder Tribe Workshop for Kids by anGie seah:
– For children aged 7 to 12 years, this workshop explores the idea of ‘Wunder’ and some of the diverse cultures within and around Singapore. Participants will create a personalised object which will be shared during a performance at the end of the workshop.
(10am – 5pm, Blk 43, The Seminar Room. For enquiries and registration, please e-mail NTUCCAEducation@ntu.edu.sg
Playeum’s Children’s Centre for Creativity
– 20% off ticket prices for its new exhibition, Making It Home
– Drop-in workshop ‘Karang Guni Prints’ – Explore how everyday materials found in the home can have multiple purposes that support imagination, innovation and sustainability, and bring home your own unique creative prints and designs created using simple tools and kitchen utensils!
(2pm – 6pm, Blk 47 plaza. Free admission, no registration required.)
Timbre at Gillman
Super Social BBQ – Hot Rods Edition (4pm till late. Blk 9A)
Art Day Out! X The School Holidays Edition
Start date: 24/6/17 14:00
End date: 24/6/17 19:00