Making Learning Fun for Kids from 2 to 12 years old
this March school holidays at SmartKids Asia
With three days of fun hands-on and interactive activities, SmartKids Asia – the region’s biggest educational event – is back from 16 to 18 March 2018 at Singapore Expo Hall 6.
The Learning Pavillion
A first for SmartKids Asia is the addition of The Learning Pavilion, a dedicated area featuring language and enrichment programmes that are designed to equip young learners with the skills they need for the future.
Kids can challenge themselves through activities like puzzle-solving, mini board games, word games, comprehension speed games, math quizzes, mini English challenges; get hands-on with craft works such as make-your-own-musical-instrument; or take part in fun games like musical word of the day and pop quizzes on cards.
All activities within this pavilion are free-to-play for children between 2 and 12 years old.
Sensory Art Trail
Also making its debut is the Sensory Art Trail which has pockets of experimental spaces, each offering a different sensory experience. Participants will encounter a carousel of textures, a lab of taste and smell, a land of instruments and a logic game space while navigating this conceptual tropical forest trail.
Through this trail, SmartKids Asia will enable children to explore senses other than touch and encourage them to use scientific processes while they play, create and investigate. Online registration will open in the first week of March.
Other Highlights Include:
– SmartKids Asia Storyland: This popular segment will showcase timeless classics such as The Frog Prince, Pinocchio and The Sleeping Beauty in the form of theatrical plays and storytelling.
– Free Trial Classes: Educational and enrichment providers will be offering trial classes from 10:30am to 8pm on Friday and Saturday, and from 10:30am to 7pm on Sunday. The programmes are tailored for ages 3-12 years old, and cover subjects like English, Maths, Science, technology, arts and more. Online registration will open in the first week of March.
– SmartKids Asia Activity Area: Create your own plant terrarium, mini aquarium and many other interesting works in hands-on activities specially crafted for parents and children ages 3 to 12.
– Meet & Greet Sessions / Mascot: Get up close with popular characters and mascots from participating exhibitors in Meet & Greet sessions and catch their entertaining stage performances.
– Daily Stage Activities: Various exhibitors will be putting up a comprehensive set of stage programmes encompassing education, the arts and sports.
– Safe Cycle Zone: Kids get to pick up safe cycling habits at the Safe Cycle Zone. They will be taught basic skills and have a chance to ride around a road circuit simulation. At the end of the programme, they will get certified as young, safe cyclists. Register now.
SmartKids Asia is free-to-attend for parents and children as well as caregivers, educators and anyone who work with young learners between 2 and 12 years old.
Visitors can check out the full list of activities on SmartKids Asia online channels nearing the event. For more information on the latest updates and event highlights, visit www.smartkidsasia.com or www.facebook.com/smartkidsasia.
Date: 16 to 18 March 2018
Time: 10 am to 9 pm on Friday and Saturday / 10 am to 8 pm on Sunday
Venue: Singapore Expo, Hall 6
SmartKids Asia 2018
Start date: 16/3/18 10:00
End date: 18/3/18 21:00