Immerse yourself in festive colours and sounds with local Eurasian and Filipino communities. See how East meets West in cultural performances like the iconic Portuguese Eurasian folk dance, Jinkli Nona, and the traditional Sinulog dance from the Philippines. Take part in craft activities, play dress up, and enjoy storytelling inspired by Christian art across Asia.
Be sure to catch the launch of the Parol, an outdoor giant lantern in the evening on 3 September! Then, settle down for a picnic with food and drinks by 5 pm, and enjoy the light-up in the evening by the Singapore River.
Free entry included to the Christianity in Asia: Sacred Art and Visual Splendour exhibition.
Family-friendly highlights include:
– Dress up and games at the Eurasian Association booth
– The festive Parade of Colours, featuring Filipino cultural dances and live music
– An interactive drama by ACT 3 International on the stories behind Christian art
– Storytelling by Roger Jenkins
– Picnic under the stars with delicious Filipino and Eurasian snacks
– Listen to fascinating tales by the Friends of the Museum Story Whisperer
Love, Light, Living Festival
Start date: 3/9/16 0:00
End date: 4/9/16 23:59