Established in 1967 as a military school band, Crescent Girls’ School Symphonic Band (CGSSB) has since then expanded to become a symphonic band with a fuller range of instruments, under the steadfast guidance of the band’s founder, Lee Seck Chiang, and his protégés Tan Soh Hwa and Chua Tiong Hong.
Highlights of CGSSB’s 9th Limelight in 2019:
* Fate of the Gods by Steven Reineke
* Les Misérables arranged by Johnnie Vinson
* Spirited Away by Joe Hisaishi
* Bonsai Tree by Julie Ann Giroux
* You Can’t Stop the Beat arranged by Ted Ricketts
* Flower Crown by Naoya Wada
* The Knight of the Sky by Hiroaki Kataoka
* Wizard of Oz arranged by James Barnes
Admission for ages 6 and above.
HEADS UP: Esplanade has a new children's festival from the 10 to 14 March. Book your tickets before they sell out.
Bringing the arts to communities in need through Limelight
Half of the ticket proceeds will go toward supporting Esplanade’s community engagement programmes which bring the arts to at-risk youth, the elderly, people with special needs and other underserved communities.
Limelight: Crescent Girls’ School Symphonic Band
Start date: 18/2/19 19:30
End date: 18/2/19 21:00