This month’s Car-Free Weekend heads back to the Civic District and Telok Ayer, with plenty of fun to be had on 25, 26 and 27 Oct!
Here are some highlights for each area that you can look forward to:
– Cycle past the Padang and other national monuments on the car-free roads
– Enjoy musical performance on Empress Lawn
– Enjoy some retail therapy at the whopping 120 stalls lining the waterfront promenade at Queen Elizabeth Walk, with products ranging from plants, art and craft pieces to sweet treats and toys for your pets.
– Featuring local food truck favourites – Coffee Bandit, Island Surfer, The Goodburger, and The Travelling C.O.W – as well as food stalls serving Malay delights, gelato, gourmet marshmallows, artisanal beverages and snacks to satisfy your hunger pangs.
– Get active with a variety of activities for everyone in the family, including ActiveSG’s ActiveGroove workouts at Empress Lawn, and the Kids’ Play Zone at Angsana Lawn with an outdoor ball pit, bouncy castles, and the ActiveSG Imagination Playground, where kids can design their own course of play.
– Enjoy a Pets’ Day Out with your furry friends, featuring a day of fun activities for pets and their hoomans
– Get creative with various art and craft activities
– Explore the various conserved places of worship via guided tours, exhibitions and traditional performances
– Watch young talents perform along the car-free streets
– Local artists, designers, bakers and more will be showcasing their wares at a food and art market on Sat!
– The Nagore Dargah Indian Muslim Heritage Centre will be attempting to get a spot in the Singapore Book of Records for the longest spice line on Sat! On Sat and Sun, you can also join in curator tours of the new Spice Gallery
– NUS Environment Studies students will be back to enliven the car-free streets with a community art activity featuring Singapore’s wildlife species – this time round, you can join them in weaving coloured strings over line drawings of the animals
– Check out a new exhibition on Hokkien architecture, which will be on the entire weekend at the covered walkway at 137 Telok Ayer St. Then, cross the street to take a guided tour through the Thian Hock Keng temple, one of the iconic works of Hokkien architecture featured in the exhibition
Car-Free Sunday SG 25-27 Oct 2019
Start date: 25/10/19 0:00
End date: 27/10/19 23:59