These are some of the best quotes from Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland that will get you down the rabbit hole. If you’re looking for a good read, or just want to delve into the strange and wonderful mind of Lewis Carroll, then be sure to check out Alice in Wonderland!
The first quote is from the beginning of the book when Alice is first introduced to the Mad Hatter and the March Hare. It’s an especially great quote because it really sets the tone for the rest of the book – which is full of madness and absurdity.
Here are some of the best quotes from Alice in Wonderland.
Best Alice in Wonderland Quotes
1. “But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked.
“Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”
“How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice.
“You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”
2. “Have I gone mad?”
“I’m afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”
3. “Curiouser and curiouser!”
4. “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle!”
5. “‘I’m sure I can’t imagine what you mean,’ said Alice.”
6. “If you drink much from a bottle marked ‘poison,’ it is certain to disagree with you sooner or later.”
7. “It’s a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.”
8. “Think nothing of it,” the Queen said in a kindly tone. “When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
9. “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
10. And last but not least: “We’re all mad here” – The Cat.
Go down the Rabbit Hole with this Timeless Classic
Alice in Wonderland is a timeless classic for a reason. Lewis Carroll’s mind was a strange and wonderful place, and his writing captures that perfectly.
If you’re looking for a good read, or just want to explore the strange and wonderful world of Lewis Carroll, then be sure to check out Alice in Wonderland!