A unique way of playing tag, “Pepsi Cola 1,2,3” is a game that many of us might remember playing in our childhood. Similar to a game of tag or Ice and Water, shouting this unique phrase signalled the start of a battle royal style game of tag. Here’s how to play Pepsi Cola 1,2,3.
Things needed to play Pepsi Cola 1, 2, 3
- A group of friends
- Open space with a fixed playing area
How to play Pepsi Cola 1, 2, 3
- The aim of the game is to be the last person standing. Players have to try to eliminate one another within three steps by tapping on the opponent’s foot. Opposing players can dodge by moving only when the player is attempting to step on their foot, otherwise, they have to remain still.
- At the start of the game, form a close circle between all the players. Each player will number off and decide the playing order.
- Players will then take the initial three steps backwards to ensure they were at a comfortable distance away. Do this while repeating the hallowed words, “Pepsi Cola 1, 2, 3”.
- Each player will now take turns to move towards other playing opponents to stomp on their foot as they remain stationary when it isn’t their turn. Depending on the group, variations such as large leaps, ducking and dodging can be counted as a single step too.
- Get stepped on and you’re out.
Variations of Pepsi Cola 1, 2, 3
For some, the phrase “Pepsi Cola 1, 2, 3” might be better remembered as a phrase to do thumb wrestling. That is also a variation of Pepsi Cola 1, 2, 3.
To play this version, two players will hook the four fingers of their hand together so that both are clasped tightly together. Leave the thumb exposed.
Chant “Pepsi Cola 1, 2, 3” and begin the thumb wrestling match. Try to get your partner’s thumb under yours for at least three seconds to win! Each round can last for a total of 60 seconds.