- This event has passed.
Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 2016
The Yellow Ribbon Prison Run will be coming up on Sunday, 4 September 2016. The annual run is an opportunity to show support for ex-offenders as they fight against stigmatisation. You will have the rare chance to pass through historical sites including Changi Prison, Singapore’s newly gazetted 72nd national monument. Proceeds raised from the run will go to Yellow Ribbon Fund, which supports rehabilitation and reintegration programmes of ex-offenders, their families and their children.
This year’s Yellow Ribbon Prison Run promises to be more exciting than ever with a huge line-up of activities before, during and after the run. Some of the exciting activities include:
- Write your thoughts and well-wishes for fellow runners on Message Floats
- Pen your personal words of encouragement on your participating Starfish Bib to show your support for the Yellow Ribbon Project
- Get a temporary yellow “tattoo”/ face paint at Power Up Zone along the walk route
- Show off your Zumba moves to warm up at the start point and cool down at the end point
- Enjoy the tunes of acceptance as the community band and Performing Arts Centre inmates perform live onstage
- Understand more about how the community can make a difference to an inmate/ex-offender’s journey toward acceptance at the Rehabilitation Fair