- This event has passed.
Tech Jam 2016
Featuring Hour of Code to introduce children as young as four to coding, and in-depth workshops for students and adults, Tech Jam 2016 is a great opportunity to learn about coding and technology.
Registration is now open. All activities are free (Admission to Science Centre applies for non-members).
Drop-in Activities include:
– Hour of Code: Learn the basics of coding by coding with your favourite characters from Minecraft, Star Wars, Frozen and more!
– Unplugged Computational Thinking: With activities like Pixel to Pictures and Cryptography, try challenging puzzles and get a better understanding of how computers work.
– Tinker with Paper Circuits: The first introduction to electronics for most, this quintessential activity allows you to explore with LEDs, copper tape and batteries to create your first circuit.
– Learn to Solder: An essential skill for an electronics engineer, solder your own printed circuit board and take it home.
– Introduction to 3D Design: Get a headstart on 3D design with Tinkercad, then take your design to the SUTD mobile FabLab to 3D print. (Small designs only, subject to 3D printer availability)