What’s bright, big, round, and orange, and all alone up in the sky? Everyone knows it is Soorya the Sun, but not little Hanuman. Believing the sun to be a sweet, juicy, giant mango, the cheeky monkey child flew high up into the heavens just to get his little paws on his favourite fruit.
Through tales filled with courage and a dose of mischief, find out how little Hanuman was stopped from devouring the sun and became the fearless monkey god with ‘the broken chin’. Step into a world of adventure as the stories of Hanuman come alive through narration, sketches, dance and music.
Performed in English and recommended for children aged four to eight.
Hanuman: The Tale Behind the Name
Date: 28 November 2015 (Sat)
Venue: Esplanade Recital Studio
Time: 11 am, 2 pm & 5 pm
Duration: 45 minutes with no intermission
Language: Performed in English
Ticket Price: $18. Family Special: $15 each with minimum purchase of four tickets.
Script and narration by Kamini Ramachandran
Performed by Ponnamma Devaiah, Minal Merai, Ramassamy
FLIPSIDE 2018: Puppets That Make Themselves, A Sound Playground and More - Discover What Is Coming up at the Esplanade
NURTURE A LOVE FOR MUSIC: Listening & Movement Activities You Can Do At Home
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Sign up for LEGO Robotics, Coding, Multi Activity Camps and More
BOND & BAKE: Go on a Little Day Outing to Genius R Us
Win Tickets to
Hanuman: The Tale Behind the Name
Little Day Out is giving away one set of two tickets to Hanuman: The Tale Behind the Name. To take part and stand to win the tickets, answer the question below and get a chance to win:
Two Tickets to Hanuman: The Tale Behind the Name
Saturday, 28 November 2015, 2 pm
Esplanade Recital Studio
Submit your answer by Sunday, 22 November 2015 to participate in this giveaway.
Double your chances of winning by liking and sharing this post on Facebook.
This contest has closed.
Congratulations to the winner, Dharmi Jain!
Terms and Conditions
1. This Contest is open only to residents of Singapore. Entrants under the age of thirteen (13) years old must seek parental and/or guardian consent before participating in the Contest.
2. The Contest is valid from 13 to 22 Nov 2015.
3. There will be one winner receiving TWO tickets to the 28 Nov 2015, 2 pm session of Hunaman: The Tale Behind the Name.
4. All entries must be received before 23:59 hours on 22 Nov 2015.
5. Representatives of Little Day Out will pick the Contest winners for the relevant tickets from eligible entries on the dates listed in scheduled table. No correspondence will be entertained about Little Day Out’s decision.
6. The winners may be required to participate in a photo taking session during the issuing of the prizes. Pictures may be posted online or showcased for display purposes.
7. Little Day Out reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest. These include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
8. Entries must be completed in full and made in the manner specified by the closing date. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
9. Winners must produce proof of identity e.g. NRIC or work permit pass and the printed prize notification email upon the prize collection.
10. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or other items and may be subject to availability. Value of the prizes may vary; Little Day Out reserves the right to replace any prizes with items of similar value without prior notice.
11. Little Day Out reserves the right to substitute the prizes for its price equivalent where necessary.
12. The winner of the Contest will be notified by via a prize notification email. Little Day Out reserves the rights to deal with all unclaimed prizes in any manner deemed fit.
13. The winner is required to respond within a week from notification date in order to be an eligible winner. The winner who does not respond will be forfeited.
14. Where applicable, prizes not collected shall be disposed of at Little Day Out ‘s sole discretion. Little Day Out ‘s decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in every situation including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all participants in the contest, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding Little Day Out ‘s decision on the same. The receipt by any winner of any prize under this Contest is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
15. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute consent on the winner’s part to allow the use of the winner’s name, image, voice and/or likeness by Little Day Out for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of Little Day Out by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
16. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Contest, Little Day Out at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement entrant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to the Terms and Conditions.
17. Little Day Out cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Contest or as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize. Little Day Out is not responsible for any safe custody, return, non-delivery or missing of entries, late, misdirected, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
18. By entering the Contest or accepting the prizes, You agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against Little Day Out, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from the Contest and acceptance of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
Use of Personal Information
19. By entering the Contest, You agree:
a. to the use of your name and/or likeness, without compensation, for Little Day Out’s promotional and marketing purposes; and
b. to the use of the information submitted on the contest entry form, without compensation, for Little Day Out ‘s promotional and marketing purposes.
20. Each individual participating to this Contest acknowledges that:
a. in respect of any Personal Information disclosed by her/him to Little Day Out or obtained by Little Day Out from her/him pursuant to this application:
she/he is authorized to disclose such Personal Information; such disclosure complies with any Privacy Legislation from any country, within the geographical scope of this competition, and the use of such Personal Information by Little Day Out as contemplated by this application (including, without limitation, the disclosure of such Personal Information to Little Day Out ‘s external agencies or third parties)
21. By participating in this Contest, you are also consenting to receive eNewsletters and updates from Little Day Out. You may choose to opt out of receiving these updates at anytime via the unsubscribe link attached to the email. By participating in this contest, you also accept the terms and conditions of this contest and agree to allow Little Day Out to republish your stories on the Little Day Out website and social media channels, and to participate in all promotional activities upon winning the prize.